Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Snow Days

Personally I don't care for them. They throw off the schedule of the week, force extra-curriculars to be rescheduled, and give a reason for my parents to get me to do laundry. Fun, fun, fun. It's even worse when what initially is a one or two hour delay turns into a full blown closed school day. Take this morning for instance. I rolled over and heard my mom tell my sister that it was a one hour delay, so I pulled the covers up and went back to sleep. Then at seven, an hour after I normally get up, I get dressed and ready, et cetera. Then the OneCall doo-hickey declares it a snow day. Great. So glad I got up and ready in anticipation of staying at home all day. So when I try and make the most of my mini-break, suddenly calling every college in the country to schedule a visit during Spring Break (which is still a full two months away) is the most important thing in the world, according to my father. My one condolence is that our FPS competition wasn't canceled or postponed. So here's to you, snow day. Thanks for all you do, especially the part where we get to stay in school until June.

No comments:

Post a Comment