Friday, March 26, 2010

In Heaven

I think we all have our ideas of what heaven is going to be like, but I don't really have an opinion on the whole "eternity" thing. However, I think one of the first things I would like to do is meet all the people who I admired during life. Not anything big or grand, maybe just having a cup of coffee at a small table with each of them individually. It would certainly take a while, but I'd have all the time in the world. This isn't the complete list, obviously, but I think it'd be awesome to get to know people like: Pope John Paul II, Paulo Coelho, Gustav Mahler, Wynton Marsalis, Wolfgang Mozart, the Dalai Llama, Alexander the Great, George Washington, Harry Truman, my great-grandfather that I'm named after, Fausto Coppi, Eddy Merckx, Omar Sharif, Amelia Earhart, Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Edison, Benjamin Franklin, King Louis XIV, William Shakespeare, Gregory Peck, Clark Gable, Susan B. Anthony, Cleopatra, Elizabeth I, Margaret Thatcher, along with all the friends and lifelong partners I am sure to meet in my existence on Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment