Friday, May 14, 2010

Windy Evening at the BBQ Fest

So last Friday, on the opening evening of the Barbeque Festival, the Apollo Jazz Band played music for an hour or so as entertainment. It was a fun time, but for the fact that a few things make the BBQ Fest one of my least favorite events. We had to be at the River Park at 5:45, so I left my house at 5:20 in earnest of finding a decent parking spot. Apparently I was not early enough. I finally found a parking spot at 5:40, 5 minutes before we were supposed to be infront of the River Park, seven blocks away at Allen St. and 7th. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. I had to make two trips to carry all my stuff. Joe Stone came with me the second time and saved me from the ardous walking again by showing me his secret hiding spot to park. So we finally get up and start playing, but we're next to the river so it is hilariously windy. Even with the help of large paper clips to hold down my music, it still ends up blowing all over the stage no less than three times. We finally got done though, and playing at the BBQ fest was fun, but I'm glad it only comes once a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment