Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mother's Day

So as we all know, last Sunday was that special day for all the ladies who are responsible for our existence here on this Earth. (With a little help from Pops, too.) But on this day, we honored our Mothers.
At my household, it was about 9 in the morning, and we had all just gotten home from church. My mom was deservedly sitting at the kitchen table reading and sipping hot tea, instead of her normal cooking routine on Sundays. Pops was at the stove making gravy or something, I don't recall, but anyway, he calls me over and whispers, "Do you have any money on you?" I did, so I said yes. His voice got a little louder, surely so that my mother would hear. "Ok, Joe, I want you to go to the store and get PEACHES IN HEAVY SYRUP AND FRUIT COCKTAIL AND BANANAS. THEN COME HOME, OK?!?!?!" I stared at him like he had grown a second head, but then a second later it clicked. I needed to get something special for madre. So with little brother in tow, I drove to the store and got the "necessary" items, plus a nice card and some flowers for the lady of the day. My brother was sulky that I didn't get her any candy. So I asked him, "Do I look like I'm made of money?" He goes, "Yeah, DUH!"

What a lovely day it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment