Wednesday, May 19, 2010

To Work or Not to Work

Having a job has made me view my time and other things a lot differently than I previously had. Before I had a job, I thought that I didn't have any free time to just hang out and have fun. Now, I know that I don't have any extra time! Seriously though, I have realized that if there is something that needs to be done, whether it be chores or homework, or work outside of that, time can always be made to serve the purpose. Somethings like sleep or bike riding or practicing the horn might be done less frequently or for not as long, but all the necessities get done.
While it is possible to do all this, I'm beginning to question whether the money I make is worth my time. Sure, money is good to have, but how much better would my grades be if I spent even a fraction of the time I am at work studying? How much more fit would I be if I rode my bike all the days that I haven't been able to due to working? How much more relaxed would I be if I used that time to just hang out with my friends, or actually help out at home?
It's a double-edged sword, most definitely.

1 comment: