Monday, October 12, 2009

Today...

So, today is my birthday. I always feel so awkward on birthdays. Everybody throughout the day wishes me a happy birthday, but I haven't ever understood why it's so important. Essentially, it's just another day. All I can do when my family starts singing "Happy Birthday" is smile awkwardly and pretend to be excited. I think a lot of people though make it out to be more than it is, just another day, and then they set themselves up for disappointment. "I can't believe I'm at school on my birthday," or "Why do I have to go to work on my birthday?" or just when people have an average day in general, it's like a disappointment because in our society, birthdays are over-exaggerated.
I'm not disappointed, I just feel that I've learned to not care so much about it. I don't feel any older, (or younger for that matter) so to me, it's just another day in the record books.

No comments:

Post a Comment