Thursday, August 20, 2009

Which relative am I most like? How? Why?

Although I somewhat resent it, the relative I most closely resemble is my father. We share not only many physical attributes and other features in appearance, but our mannerisms are very similar. Sometimes almost too similar.

My father is a relatively tall, solidly built, and has a commanding physical appearance. Likewise, I am pretty much an exact copy of my father physically, although a little taller and a little less gifted in the midsection, which I am sure age plays a role in.

Even though we are physically alike, the main ways we are similar is in our personalities. My father enjoys joking around, and will often tease someone to the point of extreme annoyance, a habit that I have found to be capable of also. My father also is very, boisterous, to say the least, in general everyday conversation.

While I do get quite a few laughs for the funniness in my genes, I also think it puts people off a bit. While there's a time to cut up and joke around, there are also times where it is totally inappropriate. You know that guy that just keeps on and keeps on joking around and it quickly progresses from being humorous to rude and obnoxious.

Both of us are also huge control freaks. We have to be in control the majority of the time and if we aren't, we're unhappy, although I think I'm a little better at dealing with it than my dad.

Although some aspects of our personalities are double-edged swords, I am thankful for the uniqueness that I do have, whatever it may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment